Thursday, August 25, 2005

Life As A Mix...



Been doing a lot of pondering lately. Those who know me personally, know me to be a cronic ponderer.
I think I may have hit on something recently that I'd like to share with you all.

I have recently found myself comparing life to an audio mix.
Specifically, using the the EQ as my main focus.
See, when putting together a good audio mix, you're often called upon to use EQ
to make certain elements in a sound recording sit cohesively in a Mix.
Often, one would have to use EQ to reduce certain frequencies that are sonicly hogging
up valuable fidelity space.
This is done by using EQ in a process of elimination.
If you're in your car and you put on your favorite SG album (or any album, really...lol) and you
start to hear the bass frequencies crushing your speakers, you may elect to reduce the bass
on your stereo and cut some low frequency out of your mix.
I have come to realize that in life, we must often find the right balance by reducing or eliminating
certain things that do not work.

Here in America, we enjoy a gluttonous society. We have a lot of everything. As part of the American dream,
we strive to get our own "Piece of the Pie".
And we Americans love a big ass piece a pie, don't we!
Having the discipline and focus to reduce or eliminate, certain harmful but socially accepted things in our lives,
is very hard to achieve and maintain in this society.
Don't get me wrong, I love America. I'm a proud American and I'd stand up and fight for her if I had to, at a drop
of a hat.
But I think American society is suffering from too much treble shrieking in our ears and too much bass
throwing off the balance of our mix.

I realize I have to start right here with me, first.
Sometimes we need to reduce or eliminate certain things in our lives to live harmoniously.

I think I'll try giving my life a better mix.

over....(((d)))

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"But I think American society is suffering from too much treble shrieking in our ears and too much bass
throwing off the balance of our mix."

Dose...this is the most beautiful thing I ever read. DOSE FOR PRESIDENT! You go my deep brother! Love, the new regular on DeepDose.com.

12:20 PM, August 30, 2005  
Blogger (((dose))) said...

Thanx.
You won't be seeing me running for any office
anytime soon.
But thank you for the vote of confidence.
However, I might consider becoming a cult leader.

I'll keep you posted.

1:04 AM, August 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dose you rule!! I would join that cult in a minute. I'm also what you call a chronic ponderer and I ended up reading this post on a day that I decided I needed to eliminate or at least reduce a certain something from my life, so what you said hit me hard. I think like that often but I'm no good at putting thoughts into form the way you do. I admire you for that. This being the reason that I've been seeing you guys for over 10 years now and never know what to say because I feel like I have to show my appreciation but there is no possible way to verbalize what you guys do for me and mean to me. SG is one thing in this world that does work.

One Love
THANK YOU
Michelle(the fat chick at all your shows)

10:50 PM, October 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home